Re: too many clog files - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: too many clog files
Date
List pgsql-performance
> "Matt Smiley" <mss@rentrak.com> wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> Move the old clog files back where they were, and run VACUUM FREEZE
in
>> all your databases.  That should clean up all the old pg_clog files,
if
>> you're really that desperate.
>
> Has anyone actually seen a CLOG file get removed under 8.2 or 8.3?

Some of my high-volume databases don't quite go back to 0000, but this
does seem to be a problem.  I have confirmed that VACUUM FREEZE on all
but template0 (which doesn't allow connections) does not clean them
up.  No long running transactions are present.

-Kevin