Re: Various intermittent bugs/instability - how to debug? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Frederik Ramm
Subject Re: Various intermittent bugs/instability - how to debug?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Hard drives. You said you replaced the machines and ran cpu burn etc...
> You didn't say you checked the hard drives (or replaced them).

The new machine has new hard drives. On the old machine I had a hardware
RAID5 array made up of 6x500 GB SATA with an Areca RAID controller and
Linux LVM; the new machine has 3x750 GB SATA plugged directly into the
main board (no RAID, no LVM). So even the drives are quite different,
and it's different drivers in both cases...

Bye
Frederik

--
Frederik Ramm               www.geofabrik.de
Geofabrik GmbH              Handelsregister: HRB Mannheim 703657