Re: [GENERAL] New shapshot RPMs (Sep 7 2008) are ready for testing - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: [GENERAL] New shapshot RPMs (Sep 7 2008) are ready for testing
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>>

>> Hasn't integer-datetimes been the default for a while? Of course, a
>> catversion bump will force a dump/reload regardless of that.
>
> Unfortunately not. It is the default on some versions of linux such as
> Debian/Ubuntu.

The point I was making is that for 8.4, unless you specifically
configure with --disable-integer-datetimes, it is enabled by default on
any platform that can support it. We committed that change on 30 March
here: http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2008-03/msg00550.php

cheers

andrew