Re: doc patch - archive/restore_command on windows - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: doc patch - archive/restore_command on windows
Date
List pgsql-patches

ITAGAKI Takahiro wrote:
> I found the examples of documentation about archive_command and
> restore_command for Windows are incorrect or improper.
>
>  - "copy" doesn't accept / (slash) as a path separator.
>    We should use \\ (double backslash) for the purpose.
>  - Windows path is typically starts with a drive letter (C:\\).
>  - We'd better to quote a whole path, not only the last filename
>    with double-quotes. It can work, but is not a windows manner.

As previously discussed, we should probably stop recommending use of the
Windows copy command altogether, and recommend use of GnuWin32 cp
instead, for archive_command. The latter does behave sanely w.r.t.
forward slashes.

cheers

andrew