Re: Automatically update sequence - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Ognjen Blagojevic
Subject Re: Automatically update sequence
Date
List pgsql-novice
Alan Hodgson wrote:
> What you should do is fetch the next value from the sequence yourself and
> then use it in the insert. Or, if you're pre-loading existing data, load it
> and then set the sequence value afterwards.

I must use it in insert since it is an export from MySQL database.

I understand that I can update the sequence afterwards, but I was just
wondering is it possible that Postgres updates it automatically after I
insert the data?

Regards,
Ognjen