Report FOSDEM (Brussels) 2008 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Susanne Ebrecht
Subject Report FOSDEM (Brussels) 2008
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
 From 2008-02-23 to 2008-02-24 there was FOSDEM (http://www.fosdem.org)
at Brussels.

Looking back, the first time we have had a PostgreSQL booth at FOSDEM
was 2007. This also was the first event where two different language
based communities (French and German) made a booth together.
Because 2007 was a great event, Daniel from BSD and me talked to the
organisation and asked for a developer room.

We got one for 2008.

To make it short: FOSDEM 2008 wasn't great ... it was much more then great.

I have never seen such a big PostgreSQL booth at an Open Source event
and also not so many active PostgreSQL guys behind a booth and at an
event (besides of course PGDay Italy).

On Friday evening before the start of the FOSDEM we counted 15 active
community guys. I would guess we were around 25 active guys during the
whole event.

Lots of visitors were at the booth.

Most of our talks were so full, that there wasn't enough seats for all
the people who wanted to hear the talk. You could see people standing at
the walls and sitting on the floor.

I want to say THANK YOU to all guys who attended the FOSDEM and helped
making this event to such a great success.

Also I want to say THANK YOU to Andreas who organised most of booth and
talk scheduling stuff.

And of course, THANK YOU Magnus for helping Andreas.

Susanne