Re: DRBD and Postgres: how to improve the perfomance? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Maila Fatticcioni
Subject Re: DRBD and Postgres: how to improve the perfomance?
Date
List pgsql-performance
Thank you very much for your ideas. I've tried to change the protocol
from C to B and I got an increase in the number of TPS: 64.555763.

Now I would like to follow the advice of Mr. Bernd Helmle and change the
value of snd-bufsize.

The servers are cross connected with a common 100 Mbit/sec Ethernet so I
think they have a bandwidth around 80 Mbit/sec (even if I haven't yet
done any test on it). A rate of 70Mb seems reasonable to me.

The two servers are in two different racks (next to each other) and they
have two power supplies connected to two different sets of UPS.

Unfortunately we cannot accept a loss of recently committed transactions
so we cannot put the synchronous_commit to off.

Regards,
Maila Fatticcioni

Simon Riggs wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-09-07 at 11:37 +0200, Maila Fatticcioni wrote:
>
>>  protocol C;
>
> Try protocol B instead.

                        Maila Fatticcioni
         Mediterranean Broadband Infrastructure s.r.l.
                            ITALY

Attachment