Re: Problem with recent PostgreSQL related pressrelease - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: Problem with recent PostgreSQL related pressrelease
Date
Re: Problem with recent PostgreSQL related pressrelease  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-advocacy
Simon Riggs wrote:

>> EnterpriseDB is 200% faster than an untuned PostgreSQL
>>

> This sentence is true, even if it is a generalisation: the specific
> workload tested was an OLTP workload. EnterpriseDB ships with a feature
> called DynaTune that makes this so. My observation is that it does a
> good job.

Please note that the website doesn't mention "untuned". We all know that
an untuned PostgreSQL is usually slower than a tuned installation.
Autotuning is a fine feature, but the EnterpriseDB website and marketing
stuff gives the impression that the Enterprise _core_ system is 200 %
better.

Regards
Andreas