Re: [HACKERS] msvc and vista fun - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: [HACKERS] msvc and vista fun
Date
List pgsql-patches
Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> I wrote:
>>

>> Would making a change like this in those 12 places be so ugly?
>>

> Specifically, I propose the following patch, which should fix the issues
> buildfarm apparently has with the XP command shell (or some incarnations
> of it).
>
> Strictly speaking, we don't need the changes in builddoc.bat and
> install.bat, but I did them for the sake of completeness. Since it
> should not affect anyone not setting XP_EXIT_FIX it seems fairly low risk.

Yeah.
I still would like to have it confirmed that this is actually an XP
fault, and not something else in your environment. To that end, I've
bugged Dave to run some builds on his XP VM (since it apparently works
fine on my XP x64 machine).

//magnus