Re: What`s wrong with JFS configuration?

From: Paweł Gruszczyński
Subject: Re: What`s wrong with JFS configuration?
Date: ,
List: pgsql-performance

Tree view

What`s wrong with JFS configuration?  (Paweł Gruszczyński, )
 Re: What`s wrong with JFS configuration?  (Heikki Linnakangas, )
  Re: What`s wrong with JFS configuration?  (Dave Cramer, )
 Re: What`s wrong with JFS configuration?  (Paweł Gruszczyński, )
  Re: What`s wrong with JFS configuration?  (Greg Smith, )
 Re: What`s wrong with JFS configuration?  (Chris Browne, )
 Re: What`s wrong with JFS configuration?  (Jim Nasby, )
  Re: What`s wrong with JFS configuration?  (Cosimo Streppone, )
 Re: What`s wrong with JFS configuration?  ("Luke Lonergan", )

Alexander Staubo napisał(a):
> On 4/25/07, Paweł Gruszczyński <> wrote:
>> I have strange situation. I`m testing performance of PostgreSQL database
>> at  different filesystems (ext2,ex3,jfs) and I cant say that JFS is as
>> much faster as it is said.
>
> I don't know about 40-60% faster, but JFS is known to be a fast, good
> file system -- faster than other file systems for some things, slower
> for others. It's particularly known for putting a somewhat lower load
> on the CPU than most other journaling file systems.
>
> Alexander.

I was just reading some informations on the web (for example:
http://www.nabble.com/a-comparison-of-ext3,-jfs,-and-xfs-on-hardware-raid-t144738.html).

My test should tell mi if it`s true, but now I see that rather everyhing
is ok with my test method and the gain of using JFS is not so high.

Pawel