Re: which Xeon processors don't have the context switching problem - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Geoffrey
Subject Re: which Xeon processors don't have the context switching problem
Date
List pgsql-performance
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Geoffrey wrote:
>> Guillaume Smet wrote:
>>> You should move to at least 8.1 and possibly 8.2. It's not a good idea
>>> to upgrade only to 8 IMHO.
>> When I said 8, I meant whatever the latest greatest 8 is.  Right now,
>> that looks like 8.2.3.
>
> No. The latest version of 8.2 is 8.2.3, there is also 8.1 which is at
> 8.1.8 and 8.0 which is at 8.0.12.
>
> They are all different *major* releases.

Yes I am aware of the various releases.  My bad in that my reference to
'8' was lazy and did not indicate the full release.  Our intention is to
move to the latest 8.2.* when we are able.

> IMO, nobody should be running anything less than 8.1.8.

Same old thing, time and money.  Too busy bailing the boat to patch it
right now...

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin