Re: Numeric patch to add special-case representations for < 8 bytes - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Patric Bechtel
Subject Re: Numeric patch to add special-case representations for < 8 bytes
Date
List pgsql-patches
Michael Glaesemann schrieb am 01.03.2007 12:41:

> On Mar 1, 2007, at 12:32 , Patric Bechtel wrote:

>> Gregory Stark schrieb am 01.03.2007 10:23:

> Speaking of decimal encodings, does anyone know if DPD is
patent-encumbered? I believe Chen-Ho is patented (on which DPD was
apparently based), though the patent may have expired.

> Michael Glaesemann
> grzm seespotcode net
It's covered by the ICU license (very liberal, I'm no lawyer, but AFAICT
BSD compatible), so I don't think it's patented. There are ready
implementations for it for GCC etc. And an ANSI/IEEE proposal is made
for it, too. So no, I think no patents so far.

Patric