Re: New liveCD? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Koen Martens
Subject Re: New liveCD?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Koen,
>
>> Yes, I was planning on a new release this week, 24 hours after 8.2.1
>> is going to be a bit difficult though, i was more thinking along the
>> lines of end of the week (friday).
>
> Are you & Robert working on the same CD?

I doubt it, I have been a bit out of touch with postgresql advocacy
and wasn't aware that Robert's cd was already released. What I was
referring to was the live cd referred on pgfoundry, the knopix-based
one (http://pgfoundry.org/news/?group_id=1000184).

We ran into a bit of trouble: the debian packages for postgresql
have not been updated. There is a postgresql-8.2.1 package, but all
the support packages still are for an 8.1 version.

The alternative would be of course to just compile/install from
source, but that would require a bit too much effort compared to the
time available, and would make further updates more cumbersome.

Best,

Koen