Re: BUG #2658: Query not using index - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Graham Davis
Subject Re: BUG #2658: Query not using index
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hi,

Adding DESC to both columns in the SORT BY did not make the query use
the multikey index.   So both

SELECT DISTINCT ON (assetid) assetid, ts
FROM asset_positions
ORDER BY assetid, ts DESC;

and

SELECT DISTINCT ON (assetid) assetid, ts
FROM asset_positions
ORDER BY assetid DESC, ts DESC;

use the same query plans and both do sequential scans without using either the (assetid, ts) or (ts) indexes.  Any
otherideas on how to make this query use an index?  Thanks,

--
Graham Davis
Refractions Research Inc.