Re: Training (from Thought provoking...) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alban Hertroys
Subject Re: Training (from Thought provoking...)
Date
List pgsql-general
nhrcommu@rochester.rr.com wrote:
> Wouldn't this be the perfect opportunity for one of
> the gurus to
> announce their killer new online gratis training
> program?

My ideas; There must be some universities that have courses into
database design and implementation that are based on PostgreSQL.

If syllables(sp?) of those courses would be made public or be provided
to an "educational team" within our community, it'd be quite easy to use
them to base small courses on all over the world. It wouldn't even be
necessary to pay the people providing the education, the courses could
pay for themselves.

Ideally there'd be some central coordination from within the postgresql
community, so that there is some quality control possible and to point
people with questions to this extent to the appropriate instances. And
of course, the community could (should?) provide feedback to the
university involved. Benefit for everyone involved; and they lived long
ever after.

Regards,
--
Alban Hertroys