Re: Adding fulldisjunctions to the contrib - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Adding fulldisjunctions to the contrib
Date
List pgsql-patches

Jonah H. Harris wrote:
> On 8/26/06, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>> Your attitude has been lacking about this whole thing, as has a lot of
>> other people. PgFoundry is the official sub project site for PostgreSQL.
>
> That may be the case.  However, all I've seen+heard is conjecture that
> pgfoundry is a good thing; where's the proof?  Show me and other
> fellow "whiners" that a lot of people use pgfoundry and I'll gladly
> shut up about it.

true story.

I walked into my new boss's office the other day. He knew I was
connected with PostgreSQL (after all, that's why he gave me the job),
but we had never discussed pgfoundry - in fact he was very surprised
yesterday to hear I had anything to do with it. But that day his browser
was open on the pgfoundry home page.

So, yes, it is used, and by far more that just hard core hackers.

cheers

andrew