Re: build/install xml2 when configured with libxml - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: build/install xml2 when configured with libxml
Date
Re: build/install xml2 when configured with libxml  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
List pgsql-patches
> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> But the policy is that the presence of features in the final build
>> should not depend on the incidental presence of features in the build
>> environment.  Either you select a feature, then it's built, or you
>> don't, then it's not.  So the only options we really have are adding
>> another switch for libxslt, or including it with libxml.  I'm not sure
>> which is better.

> Then let's add a switch for libxslt.

+1 --- the fact that so many buildfarm members only have one of the two
libraries is pretty suggestive that that's common.  We shouldn't require
both libraries to build the core xml features, if only because
contrib/xml2 is expected to go away eventually, no?

            regards, tom lane