Re: weird performances problem - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Guillaume Smet
Subject Re: weird performances problem
Date
List pgsql-performance
Qingqing Zhou wrote:
> Someone is doing a massive *write* at this time, which makes your query
> *read* quite slow. Can you find out which process is doing write?

Indexes should be in memory so I don't expect a massive write to slow
down the select queries. sdb is the RAID10 array dedicated to our data
so the postgresql process is the only one to write on it. I'll check
which write queries are running because there should really be a few
updates/inserts on our db during the day.

On a four days log analysis, I have the following:
SELECT  403,964
INSERT     574
UPDATE     393
DELETE     26
So it's not really normal to have a massive write during the day.

Thanks for your help

--
Guillaume