Re: Constant WAL replay - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hans-Jürgen Schönig
Subject Re: Constant WAL replay
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Neil Conway wrote:
> Hans-Jürgen Schönig wrote:
>
>> The idea: We are looking for a way to implement a synchronous
>> single-master / multiple slaves systems.
>> Meanwhile we are able to serialize / deserialize WAL records and send
>> them to a group communication system which transports those records to
>> the slave database.
>

> BTW, what is the benefit to using a GCS here?
>
> -Neil

currently i have used it because it is simple.
at the moment we are just doing experiments to see how log information
can be treated. shipping the data is not the problem - the real problem
is getting it back in.

good ideas are welcome ;)
best regards,
    hans

--
Cybertec Geschwinde u Schoenig
Schoengrabern 134, A-2020 Hollabrunn, Austria