Re: We are not following the spec for HAVING without GROUP BY - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Wimmer
Subject Re: We are not following the spec for HAVING without GROUP BY
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Just a quick test on the DBMS I have available at work.

IBM Informix Dynamic Server Version 10.00.TC1TL
Error: The column (id) must be in the GROUP BY list.

Oracle 9.2.0.11
Returns the same records as if where would be used.

MSSQL Express 2005 Beta February TP
Error: Column 'tab.id' is invalid in the select list because it is not
contained in either an aggregate function or the GROUP BY clause.

MySQL 5.0.2
Returns the same records as if where would be used.

Sybase 12.5
Returns the same records as if where would be used.

Firebird 1.5.2
Error: GDS Exception. 335544569. Dynamic SQL Error
SQL error code = -104
No message for code 335544824 found.
null

Best regards,