Re: Press FAQ/Volunteer FAQ - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: Press FAQ/Volunteer FAQ
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Robert Treat wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-12-07 at 04:22, Shridhar Daithankar wrote:
>
>>Q: What paid support options do I have in my area (<foo>)?
>>A: <<TODO>>
>>

> http://techdocs.postgresql.org/companies.php

Right(I mean I knew there was a listing there but didn't dig it really)..

>>On a off-topic note, it would be real cool if we could have a registered
>>postgresql users/companies/products page, similar to linux
>>counter(http://counter.li.org/). I think it would definitely add some more
>>weight to our claim that it is used worldwide.
>
> http://www.pgsql.com/user_gallery/ ?

I was thinking a bit in another direction, i.e not in terms of ISVs or
developers but off-the-shelf product usage.

Even if one uses postgresql as a part of off-the-shelf product(say drupal
installation..), I would like it (in theory)to be  registered.

If there is a postgresql installation which serves a practical purpose, there is
(at least) a person pushing/maintaining it. Let's call them all..

Developers, ISVs and sponserors do count. But if we go after end users, we will
catch them all in one net..:-)

I was thinking of putting a call on linux mailing list in India. I do know that
it is used heavily but I don't have any hard data on it. But then two things
occurred to me..

- It need not be restricted to India.
- I need a container to host this information and probably somebody has already
done it..

So just throwing it open for discussion..Is this a good (enough?) idea?

  Shridhar