Re: Application data refreshing - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Charles Tassell
Subject Re: Application data refreshing
Date
List pgsql-general
I think you can do this with the listen/notify commands.  I've never done
it myself, but take a look at
http://www.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.0/programmer/pgtcl-pglisten.htm
and some of the other Postgres docs and you should be able to figure it
out.  From what I read, you have your programs send a notify after doing an
update, then the other's are all listening for that notify, and then can be
instructed to reload the data.