Re: Any commercial shopping cart packages using postgresql? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tony
Subject Re: Any commercial shopping cart packages using postgresql?
Date
List pgsql-general
Jeff,

When they did the port, did they also "do the right thing" with foriegn keys, stored procs, etc?   I've been following several ports of MySQL packages to PG.  The thing that distresses me (as I've said before) is that 90% of these ports simply seem to port the existing system to a different DB (it's cool to be different, etc) without taking advantage of any of the benefits of a fully ORDBMS, most notably phpPgAdsNew.

This IMHO is an excercise in futility when an application can be made to excel it's previous incantation.

Just for the record, if you're prepared to take a snapshot or a milestone build of oSCommerce and stick with it, it can be very rewarding. One of my customers is using a snapshot from earlier this year and is very happy with it!  But I'm anaware of the PG port that Jeff mentioned.

Cheers

T.

Jeff Cave wrote:
www.oscommerce.com

same thing. mySQL. Somebody did a postgres port. I have it up and running on postgreSQL (as of a week ago).