Re: PostgreSQL: The Gameplan for world domination - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Kaarel
Subject Re: PostgreSQL: The Gameplan for world domination
Date
Re: Training/Education - was PostgreSQL: The Gameplan for world domination  (Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com>)
List pgsql-advocacy
> PostgreSQL Training and Education System
>
> For a while now we've been at the stage of several separate companies
> working on separate PostgreSQL training, with no real centralised
> "recognisable" way of us communicating to end users which options are
> good, bad, etc.

I was wondering what if there is a online test somewhere in
postgresql.org? Something along the lines of
http://www.mysql.com/certification/selftest/core/index.php

One could choose a level like 1) Novice 2) Advanced 3) Postgre master
... and then just start answering questions. The thing that makes this
idea cool imo is that all the questions would be generated by the
community. There would be a "submit a test question" link somewhere.
Once I click on it I get a form to fill - a question and a set of
answers. The data is sent to the administrator who simply checks for
correctness and puts the question under apropriate difficulty level.

Not sure if it's worth it though I just had an idea...