ERROR: Could not access status of transaction #### - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ralph Smith
Subject ERROR: Could not access status of transaction ####
Date
List pgsql-general
I'm using 7.4 in preparation for an overdue upgrade.
Yesterday I posted 2 questions that were ignored, so I'll try a third now.

When doing a query I  get same error as below, which are the results of vacuumdb.

vacuumdb: vacuuming of database "airburst" failed: ERROR:  could not access status of transaction 7564911
DETAIL:  could not open file "/var/lib/postgresql/7.4/main/pg_clog/0007": No such file or directory

I'm only querying from 1 table.
I could really use some help.

----

Regarding yesterday's Qs, how  best to un-import from pg_dumpall's results?
I'd dump-all'd into a text file and imported it via a psql -f filename.
It had encoding errors AND did NOT make the database I needed.  Everything went into db postgres.

Please help.

Ralph Smith