Re: darwin pgsql patches - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: darwin pgsql patches
Date
List pgsql-patches
> >I think there is a semaphore-testing program in the QNX port; have you
> >looked at that?
> Yes, and it allowed the user to manually toggle semaphores, but I want to write something that will do more of a full
regressionsweep and produce a pass or fail result. (Which might be unnecessary if latest darwin kernels actually
implement<sys/sem.h> completely, see below.)
> >> +#define darwin
> >Could we make this symbol __darwin__, or something else a little less
> >likely to conflict with plain names in the code?  (For that matter,
> >doesn't the compiler predefine some symbol along this line?)
> The only symbols darwin gcc defines are:
> #define __MACH__ 1
> #define __NATURAL_ALIGNMENT__ 1
> #define __APPLE__ 1
> #define __GNUC_MINOR__ 95
> #define __ppc__ 1
> #define __GNUC__ 2
> #define __STDC__ 1
> #define __DYNAMIC__ 1
> #define __APPLE_CC__ 912
> #define __BIG_ENDIAN__ 1
> So defining one in PG via configure seems best.

Why not use "__APPLE__"? There probably isn't much hope of running
anything on a Mac with MacOS which isn't also darwin, right? Presumably
the gcc for LinuxPPC does not define __APPLE__??

                    - Thomas