how to store a query, that results in a table - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From root
Subject how to store a query, that results in a table
Date
List pgsql-novice
hi.
I have a problem.
I require to store a query sql in postgresql-7.0 like:
example.
select * from table1 where row1(table1)=parameter1
If i execute this query directly, I don't have problem.
I want to store this query in order to execute from a client program
(visual basic 6.0), but i don't know how to?
I tried to store the query like a function (create function ...), but it
was impossible to find a way in order to obtain a table like result.
Only we could obtain a single row by using the rtype " returns setof
varchar".
I hope a soon answer.
Thank you.
 Nelson B.