Re: Bloom index cost model seems to be wrong - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Bloom index cost model seems to be wrong
Date
List pgsql-performance
> In order for bloom (or any other users of CREATE ACCESS METHOD, if there
> are any) to have a fighting chance to do better, I think many of selfuncs.c
> currently private functions would have to be declared in some header file,
> perhaps utils/selfuncs.h.  But that then requires a cascade of other
> inclusions.  Perhaps that is why it was not done.

I'm just in the midst of refactoring that stuff, so if you have
suggestions, let's hear 'em.

It's possible that a good cost model for bloom is so far outside
genericcostestimate's ideas that trying to use it is not a good
idea anyway.

            regards, tom lane