Re: Trouble with RPM - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gilles DAROLD
Subject Re: Trouble with RPM
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

Please don't use RPM if you don't want to have a Win$ based install.
It's remember me a very old question: Where are the DLL ?

The better way is to get the tarball and do a fresh compilation, you will
learn more about postgres (see the INSTALL file and other documentation).
And then all your files will go in /usr/local/pgsql by default !

Note: I use rh6.2 :-)