Re: Normalized Tables & SELECT [was: Find "smallest common year"] - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stefan Schwarzer
Subject Re: Normalized Tables & SELECT [was: Find "smallest common year"]
Date
List pgsql-general

> BTW, You didn't actually use type text for your year column, did
> you? No
> quotes needed then. Otherwise you'd have to make sure your year values
> are all the same length or sorting gets... interesting.

Yep, my comment just before concerns especially this paragraph, I
guess. With not only years but also time spans for my data - so, not
only 1970, 1971.... but also 1970-75, 1975-80 etc. I would need
indeed to use text for my year column. Why get sorting than
"interesting"?

Stef