Re: Some Problems - Shall I reinstall the DB? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Some Problems - Shall I reinstall the DB?
Date
List pgsql-general
vwu98034@lycos.com writes:
> When I try to access PG from PC command prompt with the psql command, I get the following error message:

> psql: server closed the connection unexpectedly
>    This probably mean the server terminated abnormally before or while processing the request.

> This time a error message shows up in the PG log file: "FATAL:  could not reattach to shared memory (key=5432001,
addr=011D0000):Invalid argument"

If you're running PG on Windows, this is a known problem that was fixed
some time ago ...

> As I can tell, the PG log file doesn't tell the whole story. The version of PG is 8.0.

... but not *that* long ago.  8.0.x on Windows was desupported more than
three years ago, and as of last year is out of support on all platforms.
Please update to a current version.

http://www.postgresql.org/about/news.865

            regards, tom lane