Re: RE: Re: MySQL and PostgreSQL speed compare - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lincoln Yeoh
Subject Re: RE: Re: MySQL and PostgreSQL speed compare
Date
List pgsql-general
Actually I agree with Eric.

The documentation is not as detailed or organised for usage. But it is
decent. Only sometimes you need to resort to real-life testing to see how
things really work. I do like the real world practical info which the MySQL
docs provide.

There still isn't as much mention of limits and limitations of various
things as I'd like.

Overall it's better than a "textbook style" doc.

In contrast: take a look at Oracle's installation manual for an example of
how bad things can get ;). Compare it with a Oracle HOWTO.

Cheerio,
Link.