COPY FROM how long should take ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Condor
Subject COPY FROM how long should take ?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,
today I try to restore on of my tables with copy from file that I made
before.
The file is 2.4 GB, only integers ... took me 3 hours and 30 min and I
hit
CTRL+C on i7 processor with 8 GB memory, sata 2 hard drive. I modify
some
psql conf file values and increase memory, work, wal, temp, check point
segments to 55
Is that normal ? Whole file is 37 mil lines. When I hit enter it was on
line
as logs says 26 million. I run it twice and second time after 45 min I
again hit
CTRL+C and in logs I see it was again on 26 million line. Well, the
line number
is approximately. Is everything normal ?

Postgresql 9.0.4

--
Regards,
Condor