Restart Issue in Cluster environment - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Itnal, Prakash (NSN - IN/Bangalore)
Subject Restart Issue in Cluster environment
Date
List pgsql-general

Hi,

We are using postrges 9.0.3 cluster environment, with replication patch.

In a normal condition, if I restart current active postgres in standby mode and current standby postgres in active mode, we are facing one blocking issue.

On restarting current standby postgres in active mode, the flag internally maintained by postgres engine (select pg_is_in_recovery()) is not getting changed. Because of this even though postgres is started properly it is in read-only mode.

The restart of current standby postgres in active mode is valid because both postgres are in sync and as long as both postgres are in sync I can start any postgres in active mode.

So in such scenario, is there any option to forcefully change the flag? Or postgres ideally should change this flag?

Regards,

Prakash