Re: Major performance problem after upgrade from 8.3 to 8.4 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Major performance problem after upgrade from 8.3 to 8.4
Date
List pgsql-performance
Gerhard Wiesinger <lists@wiesinger.com> writes:
> On Fri, 3 Sep 2010, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Doh.  I hadn't looked closely at that.  Probably you want
>> /usr/share/zoneinfo --- at least that's what the Red Hat RPMs use.

> I tried even before I wrote to the mailinglist without success:
> ./configure

I'd definitely suggest leaving out the --with-system-tzdata option
altogether if you're not certain it works.

> With last one I also get:
> 2010-09-03 19:51:29.079 CEST [27916] @/: FATAL:  invalid value for parameter "timezone_abbreviations": "Default"

This is a different problem; the --with-system-tzdata option wouldn't
affect that.

I think what may be happening here is that a postgres executable expects
to find itself in a full installation tree, ie if it's in /someplace/bin
then the timezone files are in /someplace/share, etc.  Did you do a full
"make install" after building, or did you just copy the postgres
executable?

            regards, tom lane