Re: windows shared memory error - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: windows shared memory error
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> It strikes me that we really need to try reconnecting to the shared
> memory here several times, and maybe the backoff need to increase each
> time.

Adding a backoff would make the code significantly more complex, with
no gain that I can see.  Just loop a few times around the
one-second-sleep-and-retry logic.

I concur with Greg's opinion that the need for a sleep here at all
is pretty fishy, but I doubt anyone really cares enough to find out
exactly what's happening (and it being Windows, there may be no better
solution anyway ...)