Re: [HACKERS] 8.2 features? - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] 8.2 features?
Date
List pgsql-patches
Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> writes:
> I wanted to post an updated patch even though there are still things not
> working again after conversion to bare expressions.

I've been through the planner part of this and it looks OK (one or two
small errors).  I'm currently messing with a revised version of the
grammar that supports putting VALUES everyplace that the spec allows,
and is a bit simpler than the old one to boot: it folds VALUES and
SELECT together, so we need fewer cases in the INSERT production.
Of course this breaks most of what you did in the parser :-( ...
I'm working on fixing that.

I'm about to go out to dinner but thought I'd post the gram.y and
parsenodes.h files so you could see where I'm headed.  These are
diffs from CVS tip, not from your patch.

            regards, tom lane

Attachment