Re: [HACKERS] Krb5 & multiple DB connections - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Krb5 & multiple DB connections
Date
List pgsql-patches
>> I have little idea of how expensive the operations called by
>> pg_krb5_init really are.  If they are expensive then it'd probably
>> make sense to keep the current static variables but treat 'em as a
>> one-element cache, ie, recompute if a new user name is being demanded.
>> If not, we ought to be able to simplify some things.

> We'd have to recompute based on the KRB5CCNAME environment variable
> changing, which is certainly an option.  It's not necessairly the case
> that the username is changing, possibly just the cache.

Hm, apparently I completely misunderstand the problem here.  What I
thought the bug was was that the cache wasn't recomputed given an
attempt to connect as a different Postgres username than the first
time.  If that's not the issue, then what is?

            regards, tom lane