Re: [NOVICE] The server does not listen - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Moreno Andreo
Subject Re: [NOVICE] The server does not listen
Date
List pgsql-novice
Il 16/10/2017 16:50, manno_it@libero.it ha scritto:

Thank you Moreno,

And how to "start the service"?
In the same terminal, run
sudo /etc/init.d/postgresql start

It will give you feedback on startup ([OK] or [FAIL])

In my etc folder there is not a init.d file...: see the findings of a ls in this txt file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4m7a9n17ensr6ri/Output%20di%20Terminale%20salvato?dl=0

I think this coul be useful
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7975556/how-to-start-postgresql-server-on-mac-os-x
I'm not a Mac expert, so I can't go further (and I've got no Mac around me to do a quick check), just take a look and see if it helps.
I saw many results while googling, so similar searches should let you acquire more informations.

HTH
Moreno.

Thanks,

Thank you,