Re: Views, views, views: Summary of Arguments - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Views, views, views: Summary of Arguments
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Merlin Moncure" <merlin.moncure@rcsonline.com> writes:
> However, I think PostgreSQL has a fairly serious security problem in
> that the system catalogs are open to the public.  I don't seem to be
> winning many supporters on this particular point though.

No, you're not, and it's not like we've never heard this argument
before.

Just upthread there were several complaints about the information_schema
being too restrictive to be useful --- I think we'd get a whole lot more
of that if we tried to prevent direct examination of the catalogs.