Re: Tuning Postgres 9.1 on Windows - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Walker, James Les
Subject Re: Tuning Postgres 9.1 on Windows
Date
List pgsql-performance
Yes. I didn't know the proper vernacular :-)

It is very likely that the default settings are different. I'm looking at that right now.

-- Les Walker

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-performance-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-performance-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Thomas
Kellerer
Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2012 1:00 PM
To: pgsql-performance@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [PERFORM] Tuning Postgres 9.1 on Windows

Walker, James Les wrote on 01.05.2012 16:44:
> I installed the enterprisedb distribution and immediately saw a 400% performance increase.

What exactly is "the enterprisedb distribution"?
Are you talking about the the Advanced Server?

I would be very surprised if the code base would differ so much to allow such a performance gain.
Could it be that the default settings for the Advanced Server are different than those of the "community edition"?

And what did you have installed before that? (as the Windows binary are always distributed by EnterpriseDB)

Thomas

CONFIDENTIAL: This e-mail, including its contents and attachments, if any, are confidential. If you are not the named
recipientplease notify the sender and immediately delete it. You may not disseminate, distribute, or forward this
e-mailmessage or disclose its contents to anybody else. Copyright and any other intellectual property rights in its
contentsare the sole property of Cantor Fitzgerald.
     E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. The sender therefore does not accept
liabilityfor any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.
Ifverification is required please request a hard-copy version.
     Although we routinely screen for viruses, addressees should check this e-mail and any attachments for viruses. We
makeno representation or warranty as to the absence of viruses in this e-mail or any attachments. Please note that to
ensureregulatory compliance and for the protection of our customers and business, we may monitor and read e-mails sent
toand from our server(s).

For further important information, please see  http://www.cantor.com/legal/statement