Re: GIN index not used - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: GIN index not used
Date
List pgsql-performance
"Huang, Suya" <Suya.Huang@au.experian.com> writes:
> Just found out something here http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/17021.1234474178@sss.pgh.pa.us
> So I dropped the index and recreate it by specifying:  using gin(terms_ts gin__int_ops) and the index works.

Oh, you're using contrib/intarray?

Pursuant to the thread you mention above, we removed intarray's <@ and @>
operators (commit 65e758a4d3) but then reverted that (commit 156475a589)
because of backwards-compatibility worries.  It doesn't look like anything
got done about it since then.  Perhaps the extension upgrade
infrastructure would offer a solution now.

> My PG version is 9.3.4, none-default planner settings:
> enable_mergejoin = off
> enable_nestloop = off

[ raised eyebrow... ]  It's pretty hard to see how those would be
a good idea.  Not all problems are best solved by hash joins.

            regards, tom lane