RE: [HACKERS] Access PostgreSQL server via SSL/Internet - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Magnus Hagander
Subject RE: [HACKERS] Access PostgreSQL server via SSL/Internet
Date
List pgsql-patches
> > Docs of the SSL stuff is coming up as soon as I get "final
> approval" of
> > the patch that brings SSL up to working (e.g. either applying or
> > rejectnig :-). I have a very rough outline so far, but I don't want
> > to put down too much work into it until I know I am documenting the
> > right thing (the version that will eventually go in, that is).
>
> Your patch looked fine to me, the details can be hammered out later.
Ok. Great. That's what I needed to hear.

> What I'd like to see is some at least informal documentation
> on how to use
> this at all. We can't put in any patches that we don't know
> how to use.

Here is a patch against the same cvs tree as the SSL patch (Aug 20).
I hope I didn't mess the SGML up too bad, but somebody should definitly
look that over. I tried to steal as much as I could from around :-)

This patch updates:
* Installation instructions (paragraph on how to compile with openssl)
* Documentation of pg_hba.conf (added "hostssl" record docs)
* Libpq documentation (added connection option, documentation of
  PQgetssl() function)
* Add section on SSL to "Server Runtime Environment"

If you beleive any particular area needs more attention, please let me know.

//Magnus

Attachment