Re: Patch for pl/tcl Tcl_ExternalToUtf and Tcl_UtfToExternal - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Patch for pl/tcl Tcl_ExternalToUtf and Tcl_UtfToExternal
Date
List pgsql-patches
Vsevolod Lobko <seva@sevasoft.kiev.ua> writes:
> Can somebody add tcl version checking to configure.in so we can do
> that all on configure stage?

> ok, for now I do it at compile time, based on TCL_MAJOR_VERSION &
> TCL_MINOR_VERSION

I think a compile-time #if on TCL_MAJOR_VERSION is the right thing to
do.  configure couldn't do any more than that for you, anyway.

Also, a runtime test will not work since if you are on an older version,
the calls to the UTF routines will fail to link.

            regards, tom lane