Re: Count me in - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: Count me in
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Greetings,

* Devrim Gündüz (devrim@gunduz.org) wrote:
> On Thu, 2019-10-17 at 17:50 -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
> > I agree that it'd be great to add more people to the twitter team, we
> > had some good steam there at the start but the folks currently on that
> > team (which includes myself) have gotten over the excitment of it, I'm
> > afraid, and aren't being as active (though there's been some recent
> > efforts to try and improve on that).  What is the lack of consistency
> > though?  I can believe that to exist, though I suspect it's largely due
> > to the people being busy and not as active with the account than
> > anything intentional.
>
> Someone needs to explain why PGConf.EU has no mention in @PostgreSQL in the
> last few days? 560 people are here for Europe's largest PostgreSQL event, and
> there is zero tweet about that. Is everyone *that* busy?
>
> Latest tweet about PGConf.EU: https://twitter.com/PostgreSQL/status/1166791328375721984?s=20
>
> I cannot speak for Valeria, but I think this is really a lack of consistency,
> where @PostgreSQL tweeted or retweeted these tweets about Postgres Open:

Most of the team is at the event, I believe, and I would have thought
they would have been managing that (not to mention that I think they're
also on the list of people who are planning to attend the meeting...).

I will say that the PostgresOpen folks did reach out to the team to ask
for tweets, and I don't recall seeing any emails asking for the same
for PGConf.Eu.  I don't think that should be a requirement, to be clear,
and I don't think anyone on the team feels it is either, but it probably
was a good reminder and put a bit of pressure on the team to do
something, rather than just having an expectation that something would
be done.  (Note: it wasn't anyone on the team who was emailing the team
asking for tweets to be done either...)

In any case, since it's been raised here, I'll do what I can to help
even though I wasn't able to be there.  It'd certainly help if someone
would send a suggested retweet or tweet to send out to
twitterteam@lists.postgresql.org but failing that I'll try to do
something tomorrow.

Thanks,

Stephen