Re: PostgreSQL 12: Feature Highlights - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 12: Feature Highlights
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 2019-May-16, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> The release notes are written for the _average_ reader.

I disagree with this assertion, and frankly I cannot understand why you
think that's the most useful thing to do.  The release notes are not a
press release, where you have to make things pretty or understandable to
everyone.  Users can skip items they don't understand or don't care
about; but would at least be given the option.  If we don't document,
we're making the decision for them that they must not care.