Re: [GENERAL] autovacuum holds exclusive lock on table preventing itfrom to be updated - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [GENERAL] autovacuum holds exclusive lock on table preventing itfrom to be updated
Date
List pgsql-general
Dmitry O Litvintsev wrote:
> Hi
>
> Since I have posted this nothing really changed. I am starting to panic (mildly).

> vacuum_cost_delay = 50ms

Most likely, this value is far too high.  You're causing autovacuum to
sleep for a very long time with this setting.  Hard to say for certain
without seeing the cost_limit value and the other related parameters,
but it's most certainly what's causing you pain.  The default of 20ms is
already too high for most users.