Re: Reformatting the FDW wiki page

From: David Fetter
Subject: Re: Reformatting the FDW wiki page
Date: ,
List: pgsql-advocacy

Tree view

Reformatting the FDW wiki page  (damien clochard, )
 Re: Reformatting the FDW wiki page  (Dave Page, )
  Re: Reformatting the FDW wiki page  (damien clochard, )
   Re: Reformatting the FDW wiki page  (Dave Page, )
    Re: Reformatting the FDW wiki page  (Devrim Gündüz, )
 Re: Reformatting the FDW wiki page  (damien clochard, )
  Re: Reformatting the FDW wiki page  (Michael Banck, )
   Re: Reformatting the FDW wiki page  (damien clochard, )
    Re: Reformatting the FDW wiki page  ("Charles Clavadetscher", )
     Re: Reformatting the FDW wiki page  (Jay Payne, )
      Re: Reformatting the FDW wiki page  (David Fetter, )

On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 08:52:01AM -0500, Jay Payne wrote:
> I've always found the best way to deal with a situation like this is
> to only have a brief description and link to the maintainer's page
> for details.    It becomes an editing nightmare to keep information
> current and relevant.     So I would suggest keeping as little on
> the main page as possible.

My experience runs counter to yours.  When there's only minimal
information, what you get is useless and incoherent.

That reducing entropy locally takes some energy, i.e. time commitment
by actual people, should not surprise anybody who passed high school
physics.

> Just a thought

Please don't top post.

Cheers,