Re: Hmmm... why does pl/pgsql code parallelise so badly when queries parallelise fine? Anyone else seen this? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Hmmm... why does pl/pgsql code parallelise so badly when queries parallelise fine? Anyone else seen this?
Date
In response to Re: Hmmm... why does pl/pgsql code parallelise so badly when queries parallelise fine? Anyone else seen this?  ("Graeme B. Bell" <graeme.bell@nibio.no>)
Responses Re: Hmmm... why does pl/pgsql code parallelise so badly when queries parallelise fine? Anyone else seen this?  ("Graeme B. Bell" <graeme.bell@nibio.no>)
List pgsql-performance
On 2015-07-08 11:13:04 +0000, Graeme B. Bell wrote:
> I'm guessing you are maybe pressed for time at the moment because I
> already clearly included this on the last email, as well as the links
> to the alternative benchmarks with the same problem I referred to on
> both of my last emails which are also trivial to drop into pgbench
> (cut/paste).

You realize that you want something here, not Merlin, right?

> e.g. did you see these parts of my previous email
>
> "To clear up the issue I build a little test harness around your comment below."
> "http://github.com/gbb/ppppt"

Well, that requires reviewing the source code of the run script and
such.

I think we shouldn't discuss this on two threads (-performance, -bugs),
that makes it hard to follow. Given Tom's more detailed answer I think
the -bugs thread already contains more pertinent information.