Re: Contrib source - Mailing list pgsql-general

From
Subject Re: Contrib source
Date
List pgsql-general
Yeah, I didn't realize that contrib source is in regular source download, nor did I notice that Synaptic was installing
itsown version of PG.  The bulb wasn't lit.  In all, I think I should have had two installs of PG; the one I built from
sourceway back when (and stored out of standard location), and this one.  It did, in fact build the standard version.
Theonly reason I noticed was the perpetual error message about being unable to start PG due to some "server.key" not
beingfound whenever the repository refreshed my machine.  I figure that it should be able to start the one it built.

I just did a complete removal, and my home brew PG still works fine.  I'll worry about adding contrib modules later.

Robert